Allied Professional CCDS Exam Eligibility Policy
The purpose of this policy is to articulate and define the standard eligibility requirement held by IBHRE in order to qualify for the above stated certification exams and the documentation required from candidates in order to prove eligibility.
Applicants for the Cardiac Rhythm Device Therapy Examination for the Allied Professional must demonstrate that they are actively involved in the practice of heart rhythm management and that they have:
- Successfully completed a formal comprehensive training program in electrophysiology that facilitates a minimum of 6 months didactic training and exposure to the field.
- Successfully completed the Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) examinations through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) , or an equivalent examination, and a minimum of 12 months of clinical experience in cardiac pacing or electrophysiology with direct exposure to patient cases.
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in the field of cardiac pacing or electrophysiology with direct exposure to patient cases in the clinical or industry setting or exposure to technical cases in the industry setting.
Upon submitting an application for the exam, all candidates must provide appropriate documentation as evidence of the candidate’s eligibility:
- At least one letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, human resources representative, or colleague from the candidate's place of employment attesting to candidate's current position. In addition, the same letter or another letter must confirm current or past involvement in the field of cardiac rhythm management (Cardiac Pacing, Electrophysiology, or Cardioversion Defibrillation), years of experience in the field, and the necessary exposure to patient cases (refer to IBHRE's eligibility requirements)
- Certificate of completion or other documentation verifying successful completion of a formal comprehensive training program or certification (such as the Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) in cardiac pacing or electrophysiology
- Accepted training programs for allied professional applicants include, without being limited to, Arrhythmia Technologies Institute, Prep MD and Cardiac Electrophysiology Institute of Australia.
IBHRE reserves the right to independently verify the licenses, credentials and employment status of all examination candidates. The candidate’s signature on his or her examination application duly authorizes IBHRE to conduct such independent verification.