IBHRE acknowledges previous policies which guaranteed perpetual recognition to those who passed the Physician Pacing exam prior to 1997, the Allied Professional Pacing exam prior to 1998, and the Allied Professional Electrophysiology exam prior to 1999.
- In recognition of the commitments made by NASPExAM, Inc. for periods prior to 1997, 1998 and 1999 with respect to the tests administered at that time, these individuals shall not be required to complete the current recertification requirements.
- While IBHRE strongly encourages all certified professionals to opt-in to the new recertification standards, professionals who choose not to recertify may maintain their recognition of having passed the exam by keeping the designation ‘IBHRE Testamur.’ This is consistent with the commitment made by NASPExAM, Inc. during that period.
- This designation will apply only to those who were granted perpetual recognition under the previous policy and will not apply to other certified professionals who choose not to recertify in the future.
- The use of the CCDS or CEPS designation is not allowed unless the certified professional chooses to opt-in and recertify by examination 5 years after the opt-in period.
- Granted perpetual recognition under the previous policy are those who passed the Physician Pacing exam prior to 1997, the Allied Professional Pacing exam prior to 1998 and the Allied Professional Electrophysiology exam prior to 1999.
- May choose to opt-in to the new certification cycle by submitting 45 contact hours of professional development activities from within the last five (5) years.
- Will be issued new certificates that are valid until December 31, 2016 upon initially renewing their certification
- Must recertify by re-examination by the new expiration date or risk lapsing in their certification.
- Persons who choose not to opt-in to the new certification cycle will retain the designation ‘IBHRE Testamur’ in recognition of their achievement of having passed the applicable exam prior to 1997, 1998 or 1999, as applicable and a list of all IBHRE Testamurs is on the website
- IBHRE ‘Testamur’ status will only be applicable to certified professionals who were previously granted perpetual recognition under the previous policy and will not apply to other future candidates whose certifications shall be subject to the requirements of this policy as it may be amended from time to time by the Board of Directors of IBHRE.